Sims Park is named for George R. Sims, one of New Port Richey’s earliest promoters. He donated Sims Park (then named Enchantment Park) to the City in 1924. He died in 1954, and in accordance with his instructions, he was buried about 50 feet from Orange Lake without a tombstone - just a redbud tree to mark the spot. (However, his remains were moved to a cemetery some years later.) Sims Park is protected by New Port Richey’s very first ordinance, and because of Ordinance One, the park will remain the people’s park forever. Dogs are welcome in the park and around Orange Lake on a leash.
Phone: (727) 841-4560
Bank St & Grand Blvd, New Port Richey, FL 34652